6 . SHAYLA DROPS KAI OFF… BUT WHAT SHE SEES INSIDE LEAVES HER STUNNED
🚨 SHAYLA DROPS KAI OFF… BUT WHAT SHE SEES INSIDE LEAVES HER STUNNED! 😱🏠
Shayla thought it was going to be a completely normal afternoon.
Kai needed to be dropped off, and Shayla had promised she would make sure he got there safely. She wasn't expecting any drama, arguments, or surprises.
But the moment she arrived, everything changed.
Shayla pulled up outside the house and looked over at Kai.
“Okay, we're here.”
Kai grabbed his things and opened the door.
Shayla smiled.
“Go ahead. I'll wait until you get inside.”
Kai nodded and walked toward the front door.
Shayla remained in the car for a moment.
Then she noticed something strange.
The front door wasn't completely closed.
Shayla frowned.
“That's weird.”
She got out of the car and followed Kai toward the entrance.
“Kai, wait!”
Kai stopped.
Shayla walked closer.
As soon as she stepped inside, she heard voices coming from another room.
She immediately froze.
There was something familiar about one of the voices.
Shayla whispered:
“Who is that?”
Kai looked confused.
“I don't know.”
Shayla told Kai to stay near the entrance while she took another step forward.
Then she heard a name.
Anthony.
Shayla's eyes widened.
“Anthony?”
She couldn't believe it.
Why would Anthony be there?
She slowly moved toward the room.
Then she heard another voice.
This time, she recognized it immediately.
D’Nisha.
Shayla stopped in her tracks.
“Wait…”
She looked at Kai.
“Stay right here.”
Shayla carefully walked toward the doorway.
She didn't want anyone to know she was listening.
Then she heard Anthony say:
“We can't keep hiding this.”
Shayla's heart started racing.
Hiding WHAT?
D’Nisha responded quietly.
“I told you this wasn't supposed to happen.”
Anthony replied:
“I know, but Shayla is going to find out eventually.”
Shayla's eyes widened.
They were talking about HER.
She couldn't believe what she was hearing.
She leaned slightly closer to the doorway.
D’Nisha said:
“She can't know yet.”
Anthony answered:
“She deserves to know.”
Shayla covered her mouth.
“What are they hiding from me?”
She wanted to walk in and confront them immediately.
But something stopped her.
She needed to hear more.
Then Anthony said something that completely stunned her.
“It's not about the money.”
Shayla's expression changed.
Money?
What money?
D’Nisha replied:
“Then what are you going to tell her?”
Anthony took a deep breath.
“The truth about what happened that night.”
Shayla's heart dropped.
“What night?”
She tried to remember.
There had been so many arguments and misunderstandings that she couldn't immediately figure out what they were talking about.
Suddenly, Kai called out:
“Mom?”
Everyone inside became silent.
Shayla realized they had heard him.
She quickly stepped into the room.
Anthony and D’Nisha both turned around.
Their faces immediately changed when they saw her.
Anthony looked shocked.
“Shayla…”
Shayla stared at both of them.
“What were you talking about?”
Neither answered.
Shayla's voice became firmer.
“I heard everything.”
D’Nisha looked nervous.
“Shayla, it's not what you think.”
Shayla laughed bitterly.
“That's what everybody says when they don't want to explain themselves.”
Anthony stepped forward.
“Please calm down.”
“Don't tell me to calm down!”
Shayla pointed toward them.
“I dropped Kai off because I trusted this was a safe place. Then I walk inside and hear you two talking about me and some secret?”
Anthony tried to explain.
“We weren't trying to hurt you.”
“Then tell me the truth!”
Silence.
Shayla looked from Anthony to D’Nisha.
“Right now.”
D’Nisha finally spoke.
“There was something Anthony found out recently.”
Shayla looked at Anthony.
“What did you find out?”
Anthony hesitated.
“I wasn't sure how to tell you.”
Shayla shook her head.
“You had plenty of time.”
Then she noticed something sitting on a nearby table.
A folder.
Shayla walked toward it.
Anthony immediately said:
“Shayla, don't touch that.”
She stopped.
Her eyes narrowed.
“Why?”
“Because it's private.”
“Private?”
Shayla stared at him.
“Is my name in there?”
Anthony didn't answer.
Shayla reached for the folder.
Anthony tried to stop her.
But Shayla grabbed it first.
She opened it.
Inside were printed messages, photographs, and notes.
Her hands started shaking.
She looked at the first page.
Then the second.
Then the third.
The information appeared to connect several events she had thought were unrelated.
Shayla looked up.
“What is this?”
Anthony finally admitted:
“I was trying to figure out what happened before everything fell apart.”
Shayla continued looking through the folder.
Then she found something that made her completely speechless.
There was a message dated weeks earlier.
And it appeared to show that someone had known about the situation long before Anthony or Shayla realized it.
Shayla looked at D’Nisha.
“You knew?”
D’Nisha shook her head.
“I knew something wasn't right, but I didn't know all of it.”
Shayla turned toward Anthony.
“And you?”
Anthony sighed.
“I found out yesterday.”
Shayla couldn't believe it.
“So you've both been standing here discussing this while I had no idea?”
Anthony said:
“I was trying to protect you.”
Shayla immediately responded:
“I don't need you to protect me from the truth!”
The room became silent again.
Then Kai walked into the room.
“Mom, are we leaving?”
Shayla looked at him.
She realized this wasn't the place for another argument.
She closed the folder.
“We're leaving.”
Anthony stepped forward.
“Shayla, wait.”
She stopped at the door.
Anthony said:
“There's one more thing you need to know.”
Shayla turned around.
“What?”
Anthony looked at D’Nisha.
Then back at Shayla.
“The person who gave me those documents…”
He paused.
“…is someone you already know.”
Shayla's eyes widened.
“Who?”
Anthony didn't answer.
Before he could say another word, his phone buzzed.
He looked at the screen.
His expression immediately changed.
Shayla noticed.
“What happened?”
Anthony slowly turned the phone around.
There was a new message.
It said:
“Tell Shayla the truth before she finds out from me.”
Shayla stared at the screen.
“Who sent that?”
Anthony looked at her.
And for the first time, he seemed genuinely afraid of what was coming next.
Shayla grabbed her bag and took Kai's hand.
“I'm going home.”
As she walked away, she knew one thing for certain:
Dropping Kai off had been supposed to take only a few minutes.
Instead, she had walked into a secret that could change everything.
And now she wasn't going to stop until she discovered exactly who had been hiding the truth from her.
🔥 TO BE CONTINUED… 🔥

Post a Comment