Wayne just received some BAD NEWS…
Wayne Just Received Some BAD NEWS…
Wayne thought it was going to be a normal morning.
He woke up early, grabbed his phone, and started checking his messages while drinking his coffee. Everything seemed fine—until his phone suddenly rang.
The number wasn't saved.
Wayne almost ignored it.
But something told him to answer.
“Hello?”
There was a long pause.
Then a serious voice spoke.
“Wayne, I'm calling because there's been a problem.”
Wayne immediately sat up.
“What kind of problem?”
The person on the other end explained everything.
Wayne's face slowly changed.
“Wait… what did you just say?”
He listened silently.
Then his coffee cup slipped from his hand and landed on the table.
“No. That can't be right.”
The caller continued.
Wayne rubbed his forehead.
“But everything was approved. I checked the paperwork myself.”
Another pause.
Then came the news Wayne had been dreading.
The important deal he had been counting on was suddenly in serious trouble.
The paperwork had been delayed, money was being held, and there was a possibility that the entire agreement could collapse.
Wayne leaned back in his chair.
“How long do I have?”
The answer left him speechless.
“That's not enough time.”
He ended the call and stared at his phone.
For several minutes, Wayne didn't move.
He had worked incredibly hard to make this opportunity happen. He had promised his family that things were finally going to improve.
Now, everything was suddenly uncertain.
Wayne stood up and began pacing around the room.
“No, no, no…”
His phone rang again.
This time, it was Dave.
Wayne almost didn't answer.
Finally, he picked up.
“What's up?”
Dave immediately noticed Wayne's voice.
“Wayne, what's wrong?”
“Did you hear anything about the deal?”
“What deal?”
Wayne sighed.
“That's the problem.”
He explained what had happened.
Dave went silent.
“Are you serious?”
“Unfortunately.”
“So what are we going to do?”
Wayne looked toward the window.
“I don't know yet.”
Dave tried to reassure him.
“We'll figure it out.”
Wayne shook his head.
“You don't understand. This isn't just about the business anymore.”
“What do you mean?”
Wayne hesitated.
“I made promises to people.”
Dave understood.
“You're worried about everyone depending on you.”
“Exactly.”
Just then, there was a knock at the door.
Wayne opened it.
It was Lauren.
She immediately noticed that something was wrong.
“Wayne?”
He didn't answer.
Lauren stepped inside.
“What happened?”
Dave was still on the phone.
“Lauren, Wayne just got some bad news about the deal.”
Lauren looked at Wayne.
“Is it really that bad?”
Wayne finally admitted it.
“It could change everything.”
Lauren walked closer.
“Then we're going to deal with it.”
Wayne shook his head.
“You don't have to get involved.”
Lauren looked at him firmly.
“That's not how this works.”
Wayne sat down.
“I thought I had finally figured everything out.”
Lauren sat beside him.
“You're allowed to be disappointed.”
Wayne looked at her.
“But I'm not allowed to give up.”
“Exactly.”
For the first time since the call, Wayne smiled slightly.
But then his phone buzzed.
A new message had arrived.
Wayne opened it.
His expression immediately changed.
Lauren noticed.
“What is it?”
Wayne didn't respond.
“Wayne?”
He handed her the phone.
The message read:
“The business deal isn't your only problem. You need to find out who has been working against you.”
Lauren stared at the screen.
“What does that mean?”
Wayne stood up.
“I don't know.”
Dave, still on speakerphone, heard everything.
“Wayne, don't ignore that message.”
“I won't.”
Wayne began thinking about everyone who knew about the deal.
There weren't many people.
Only a handful of trusted individuals had access to the documents.
Then Wayne remembered something.
A few days earlier, one of the financial files had mysteriously disappeared from his office.
At the time, he thought it was just a mistake.
Now he wasn't so sure.
“Dave…”
“Yeah?”
“Someone may have sabotaged this.”
Dave became serious.
“Are you saying somebody inside the business did this?”
Wayne nodded.
“That's exactly what I'm saying.”
Lauren looked concerned.
“Who would do that?”
Wayne stared at the message again.
“I don't know.”
Then another message arrived.
“Check the security footage from Tuesday night.”
Wayne's eyes widened.
“Tuesday…”
He remembered that night.
The office had been empty.
Or at least, he thought it had been.
Wayne immediately grabbed his keys.
“I'm going to the office.”
Lauren stood.
“I'm coming with you.”
“No.”
She frowned.
“Why not?”
“Because I don't know what we're dealing with.”
Lauren crossed her arms.
“And that's exactly why I'm coming.”
Wayne sighed.
“Fine.”
Dave said over the phone:
“I'll meet you there.”
Thirty minutes later, Wayne and Lauren arrived at the office.
Dave was already waiting.
They went straight to the security room.
Wayne pulled up the footage from Tuesday.
For several minutes, nothing happened.
Then, around midnight, someone entered the building.
Wayne leaned closer to the screen.
“Who is that?”
The person was wearing a hoodie.
Their face wasn't visible.
They walked directly toward Wayne's office.
Lauren looked at Wayne.
“They knew exactly where to go.”
The person entered the office.
Minutes later, they came out carrying a folder.
Wayne's heart dropped.
“That folder…”
Dave looked at him.
“What?”
“That's the missing file.”
They watched the footage carefully.
The person walked toward the exit.
Then suddenly stopped.
They turned slightly toward the camera.
For just a second, their face became visible.
Wayne froze.
“No way.”
Lauren looked at him.
“You know them?”
Wayne didn't answer.
Dave stepped closer.
“Who is it?”
Wayne stared at the screen.
Finally, he whispered:
“Someone I trusted.”
The room went completely silent.
Dave looked shocked.
“Are you sure?”
Wayne nodded.
“I know that face.”
Lauren looked at Wayne.
“What are you going to do?”
Wayne took a deep breath.
“I'm going to find out why they betrayed me.”
But before they could leave, Wayne's phone rang.
The same unknown number.
He answered.
“Who are you?”
A voice calmly replied:
“You're looking in the wrong direction, Wayne.”
Wayne's expression hardened.
“What do you want?”
“You'll find out soon.”
The call ended.
Wayne stared at his phone.
Dave asked:
“What did they say?”
Wayne slowly looked at them.
“They said we're looking in the wrong direction.”
Lauren frowned.
“So whoever took the documents may not be the person behind everything.”
Wayne nodded.
“And that means the bad news I received this morning…”
He paused.
“…may have been only the beginning.”
Everyone stood silently in the office.
Wayne had started the day thinking he had lost a business deal.
Now he realized something much bigger was happening.
Someone had access to his private files.
Someone was manipulating the deal.
And someone inside his circle might know more than they were admitting.
Wayne looked at Dave and Lauren.
“From this moment on, nobody gets trusted automatically.”
Dave nodded.
Lauren agreed.
Wayne picked up the missing folder.
“We're going to find the truth.”
But as he opened it, one final document fell onto the floor.
Wayne picked it up.
His eyes widened.
It wasn't a business document.
It was a list of names.
And at the very top was Wayne's own name.
Wayne looked at Lauren.
“This isn't just business.”
Lauren whispered:
“Then what is it?”
Wayne stared at the list.
“I think somebody has been planning this for a long time.”
And suddenly, the bad news Wayne received that morning didn't seem like the real disaster.
The real disaster was that someone had been secretly working against him—and Wayne had no idea who he could trust.

Post a Comment