DAVE WALKS IN AT THE WORST MOMENT!
DAVE WALKS IN AT THE WORST MOMENT!
DAVE WALKS IN AT THE WORST MOMENT! When He FINALLY Sees What WAYNE & AMBER Are Doing!
Dave wasn't supposed to be there.
At least, that's what Wayne and Amber thought.
After everything that had happened with Anthony, the house, and the shocking property documents, Amber had decided she couldn't keep pretending everything was fine.
She needed answers.
And the one person she believed might help her understand the situation was Wayne.
So earlier that afternoon, Amber called him.
“Can you come over? I need to talk to you about something important.”
Wayne immediately agreed.
But Amber made one thing clear.
“Please don't tell Dave yet.”
Wayne paused.
“Why?”
“Because I don't know if I can trust him with this.”
That sentence would come back to haunt them.
A few hours later, Wayne arrived.
Amber had already spread several documents across the dining-room table.
Property records.
Old agreements.
Copies of the registry.
And one envelope that had never been opened.
Wayne stared at everything.
“Where did you get these?”
Amber lowered her voice.
“They were hidden with the original paperwork.”
Wayne picked up one document and began reading.
“This could explain why your name ended up on the deed.”
Amber nodded.
“That's what I'm trying to figure out.”
Wayne looked at her.
“You realize Dave is going to be furious if he finds out we're looking into this without him.”
Amber sighed.
“I know.”
“Then why do it?”
“Because I'm tired of everyone telling me they're protecting me while keeping me in the dark.”
Wayne couldn't argue with that.
They continued going through the papers.
Then Amber found something that made her stop.
“Wait.”
Wayne looked over.
“What?”
She pointed to a signature.
“This wasn't supposed to be here.”
Wayne leaned closer.
“That's Dave's signature.”
Amber's eyes widened.
“So he really was involved.”
Wayne nodded slowly.
Before they could continue, they heard the front door open.
Both froze.
Wayne whispered:
“Did you expect anyone?”
Amber shook her head.
“No.”
Footsteps approached.
Then Dave walked into the room.
He stopped immediately.
His eyes went from Amber to Wayne.
Then to the papers covering the table.
His expression changed.
“What are you two doing?”
Amber quickly stood.
“Dave…”
“No,” he said. “Don't.”
Wayne stepped forward.
“We were looking through the property records.”
Dave stared at him.
“Without telling me?”
Amber answered:
“Because every time I ask you about the property, you change the subject.”
Dave looked hurt.
“I was trying to protect you.”
Amber shook her head.
“That's what you always say.”
Dave walked toward the table.
Then he saw the document with his signature.
His face went pale.
“Where did you get that?”
Amber picked it up.
“So you admit you know about it?”
Dave didn't answer.
Wayne immediately asked:
“What does this agreement mean?”
Dave remained silent.
“Dave!”
Finally, Dave took a breath.
“It means things are more complicated than you think.”
Amber became frustrated.
“Then explain them!”
Dave looked at her.
“You weren't supposed to find that document.”
The room went silent.
Amber's eyes widened.
“Why?”
Dave hesitated.
“Because once you understand what it means, you won't be able to go back.”
Wayne crossed his arms.
“That's not an answer.”
Dave looked toward the papers.
“There were things happening behind the scenes that I was trying to control.”
Amber asked:
“Were you protecting me or protecting yourself?”
Dave looked stunned.
“That isn't fair.”
“Neither was keeping me in the dark.”
For several seconds, Dave said nothing.
Then Wayne picked up another document.
“This one has a second signature.”
Dave immediately stepped forward.
“Put that down.”
Wayne looked at him.
“Why?”
Dave's voice became serious.
“Because that document connects the property arrangement to something else.”
Amber asked:
“What?”
Dave didn't answer.
Then Amber's phone rang.
She looked at the screen.
It was Anthony.
Everyone became silent.
Amber answered.
“Hello?”
Anthony sounded weak but serious.
“Are you with Wayne?”
Amber looked at Dave.
“Yes.”
There was a pause.
“Is Dave there too?”
Amber hesitated.
“Yes.”
Anthony took a deep breath.
“Then don't let him leave.”
Dave's expression changed.
“What did he say?”
Amber didn't answer.
Anthony continued:
“I found something at the hospital.”
Wayne immediately asked:
“What did you find?”
Anthony said:
“A copy of the original property agreement.”
Dave froze.
Anthony continued.
“And there's something on it that none of you know about.”
The call suddenly ended.
Amber stared at her phone.
Wayne looked at Dave.
Dave looked terrified.
“What?” Amber asked.
Dave slowly sat down.
“I was hoping this day would never come.”
Wayne demanded:
“What are you talking about?”
Dave looked at both of them.
“The agreement wasn't just about the house.”
Amber's face changed.
“Then what was it about?”
Dave hesitated.
Finally, he said:
“Anthony.”
Everyone froze.
Wayne stepped closer.
“What does Anthony have to do with it?”
Dave looked down.
“That's the part I was trying to keep hidden.”
Amber's heart began racing.
She realized that the property dispute she'd been trying to understand might actually be connected to something much bigger.
Dave stood up.
“I need to tell you everything.”
Wayne replied:
“Then start talking.”
Dave looked at Amber.
“But once I tell you, nothing will ever be the same.”
Amber didn't blink.
“I'd rather know the truth than keep living with secrets.”
Dave nodded.
He reached for the folder.
But before he could open it, someone knocked loudly on the front door.
Everyone froze.
Three knocks.
Then silence.
Wayne whispered:
“Who's that?”
Dave looked toward the door.
“I don't know.”
Amber slowly stepped backward.
The mysterious knock came again.
And suddenly, the secret Dave had spent years hiding was no longer the only thing they had to worry about.
Because whoever was standing outside appeared to know exactly what Wayne and Amber had discovered.

Post a Comment