Dave Gives Amber an Ultimatum: Leave Wayne's Podcast or Lose Everything

 


Dave Gives Amber an Ultimatum: Leave Wayne's Podcast or Lose Everything!

Amber thought the worst was finally behind her.

After all the contract drama, secret meetings, arguments, and rumors, she had finally found a fresh start. Her new podcast office was ready, her audience was growing, and she was beginning to feel like she was in control of her own career again.

Then Dave showed up.

And this time, he wasn't there to congratulate her.

He was there to give her an ultimatum that could change everything.


THE CALL THAT CHANGED AMBER'S DAY

It was early Monday morning when Amber's phone rang.

Dave.

She answered with a smile.

"Hey, what's up?"

Dave didn't return the greeting.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the studio."

"I need to see you."

Amber immediately noticed the seriousness in his voice.

"Is something wrong?"

"We need to talk in person."

"About what?"

Dave paused.

"About Wayne's podcast."

Amber's smile disappeared.

"What about it?"

"I'll explain when I get there."

He ended the call.

Amber stared at her phone.

Something was clearly wrong.


DAVE ARRIVES AT THE STUDIO

About thirty minutes later, Dave walked into Amber's new office carrying a black folder.

He didn't even sit down.

Amber looked at him.

"What's going on?"

Dave placed the folder on her desk.

"I've made a decision."

Amber opened it.

Inside were documents relating to her podcast appearances, business arrangements, and several financial agreements.

She looked confused.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?"

Dave replied,

"Your future."

Amber frowned.

"My future?"

Dave nodded.

"You have to make a choice."


THE ULTIMATUM

Amber slowly closed the folder.

"Okay. What choice?"

Dave looked directly at her.

"You leave Wayne's podcast..."

He paused.

"...or you lose everything we've built together."

Amber stared at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

She stood up.

"You want me to quit Wayne's podcast?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because this situation has gone too far."

Amber shook her head.

"Wayne's podcast is my career."

Dave replied,

"And that's exactly the problem."


AMBER REFUSES TO BACK DOWN

Amber walked toward the window.

"I've worked too hard to get here."

"I know."

"I built my audience."

"I know."

"I finally have my own office."

"I know."

"Then why are you asking me to walk away?"

Dave answered:

"Because every time you choose Wayne's podcast, you choose that world over everything else."

Amber turned around.

"That's not fair."

Dave's voice became louder.

"I'm trying to protect you!"

"By controlling me?"

The room fell silent.


DAVE REVEALS HIS FEARS

Dave finally admitted what had been bothering him.

"I've watched what this podcast has done to you."

Amber remained quiet.

"You've been dragged into arguments."

"You've been attacked online."

"Your private life has become public."

"And every week there's another controversy."

Dave pointed toward the studio.

"I don't want to watch you lose yourself."

Amber shook her head.

"You don't get to decide what's best for me."

Dave replied,

"Then decide."


THE SECOND PART OF THE ULTIMATUM

Amber looked confused.

"What exactly do you mean by 'lose everything'?"

Dave opened the folder again.

"If you leave Wayne's podcast, I will continue supporting your independent projects."

Amber nodded.

"And if I don't?"

Dave hesitated.

"Then I step away."

Amber's expression changed.

"Financially?"

"Yes."

"Professionally?"

"Yes."

Amber stared at him.

"So you're threatening to pull everything?"

Dave replied,

"I'm telling you the consequences."

Amber shook her head.

"That's an ultimatum."

Dave didn't deny it.

"Maybe it is."


WAYNE HEARS ABOUT IT

Later that afternoon, Wayne walked into Amber's office.

He immediately noticed she was upset.

"What happened?"

Amber didn't answer.

Wayne sat down.

"Amber?"

She finally looked at him.

"Dave wants me to leave the podcast."

Wayne was stunned.

"What?"

"He gave me a choice."

Wayne frowned.

"Between what?"

"Wayne's podcast..."

She paused.

"...and everything Dave has been helping me build."

Wayne remained silent.

Then he said something unexpected.

"Don't make your decision because of me."

Amber looked at him.

"What?"

Wayne continued,

"If you stay, stay because you believe in what we're doing."

"If you leave, leave because it's what you want."

He shook his head.

"But don't let anyone force you."


AMBER CONFRONTS DAVE AGAIN

That evening, Amber went back to Dave.

She placed the folder on his desk.

"I've made my decision."

Dave looked up.

"And?"

Amber took a deep breath.

"I'm not leaving Wayne's podcast."

Dave's expression hardened.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"You understand what that means?"

Amber nodded.

"Yes."

She continued:

"It means I may lose financial support."

"I may lose opportunities."

"I may lose things I thought were guaranteed."

She looked directly into his eyes.

"But I won't lose myself."

Dave was silent.


DAVE'S SURPRISING RESPONSE

For several seconds, Amber expected him to explode.

Instead, Dave slowly sat down.

"You really mean that?"

"Yes."

Dave looked toward the window.

"Then maybe I've been going about this the wrong way."

Amber didn't respond.

Dave continued:

"I thought giving you an ultimatum would protect you."

He shook his head.

"But maybe I was just afraid of losing you."

Amber's expression softened.

"You should have told me that."

"I know."


A NEW AGREEMENT

Dave picked up the contract.

"I'm not asking you to quit anymore."

Amber looked surprised.

"What?"

"I'm still worried."

"I understand."

"But if you're going to stay, then we need boundaries."

Amber nodded.

"What kind?"

"No secret decisions."

"No surprise contracts."

"No one controls your career without your knowledge."

Amber smiled.

"Deal."

Dave extended his hand.

She shook it.


BUT THEN EVERYTHING CHANGES

Just as the tension finally disappeared, Wayne called Amber.

"Amber, turn on the news."

She immediately grabbed the remote.

A breaking story appeared on television.

BREAKING: AMBER'S CONTRACT DISPUTE TAKES ANOTHER SHOCKING TURN

The reporter announced that new documents had surfaced regarding the original contract.

Amber's face went pale.

Dave looked at the screen.

"That's impossible."

Wayne called again.

"We need to talk."

Amber asked,

"Why?"

Wayne's voice became serious.

"Because the documents show that someone may have deliberately changed the contract before you ever saw it."

Amber slowly looked at Dave.

Dave looked back at her.

The ultimatum was no longer the biggest problem.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.