After Dave left, Amber received a message that completely broke her heart!

 


After Dave Left, Amber Received a Message That Completely Broke Her Heart!

Amber stood by the window, watching Dave's car disappear down the street.

She had watched him leave before, but this time felt different.

They had just had another difficult conversation.

Dave insisted that he wasn't hiding anything.

Amber wanted to believe him.

But something inside her kept telling her that the story wasn't adding up.

Before leaving, Dave had looked directly into her eyes and said:

“Amber, trust me. Everything is going to be okay.”

She wanted to believe those words.

She really did.

But the moment his car disappeared, Amber felt an uneasy feeling in her chest.

She walked back into the house and sat down.

“Maybe I'm overthinking everything,” she whispered.

For several minutes, she tried to distract herself.

She cleaned the kitchen.

She checked her phone.

She turned on the television.

Nothing worked.

Then suddenly—

BZZZT!

Her phone vibrated.

Amber glanced at the screen.

There was a message from an unknown number.

She almost ignored it.

Then another message arrived.

“Amber, you deserve to know the truth about Dave.”

Amber froze.

Her heart began beating faster.

“What is this?”

A second message appeared.

“Ask him where he really went after leaving your house.”

Amber stared at the screen.

“No…”

She immediately called Dave.

He didn't answer.

She called again.

Still nothing.

Then another message arrived.

This time, there was a photograph.

Amber opened it.

Her face went completely pale.

The picture showed Dave standing outside a building with another person.

Amber recognized the location.

It was the same place Dave had claimed he hadn't visited in weeks.

She zoomed in.

There was no doubt.

It was Dave.

“What is he doing there?”

Amber's eyes filled with tears.

She didn't want to believe the picture.

Maybe it was old.

Maybe there was an explanation.

Maybe someone was trying to make her suspicious.

Then the unknown number sent another message.

“That's not the worst part.”

Amber's hands began shaking.

“What could possibly be worse?”

Another photograph appeared.

This one showed Dave sitting inside a car with the same person.

Amber stared at the image.

Her heart sank.

She whispered:

“Dave…”

She called him again.

This time, he answered.

“Amber?”

“Where are you?”

Dave hesitated.

“I'm handling something.”

“Where?”

“Why?”

Amber closed her eyes.

“Just tell me where you are.”

Dave's voice became defensive.

“Amber, what's going on?”

She looked at the photograph.

“Are you at the office?”

Silence.

“Dave?”

“No.”

Amber's heart dropped.

“Then where are you?”

Dave finally answered.

“I'm meeting someone.”

“Who?”

“It's complicated.”

Amber laughed through her tears.

“Everything with you is complicated.”

“Amber, listen to me—”

“No.”

She interrupted him.

“I've been listening to you for weeks.”

Dave went quiet.

Amber continued.

“You told me you weren't hiding anything.”

“I wasn't.”

“Then why are you lying about where you are?”

Dave sighed.

“I'm not lying.”

“Then tell me the truth!”

Another long silence.

Finally, Dave said:

“I'm sorry.”

Amber's face changed.

“Sorry for what?”

Dave didn't answer.

“Dave?”

The call suddenly ended.

Amber stared at her phone.

Then she received another message.

“He won't tell you because he's afraid of what you'll discover.”

Amber broke down crying.

She sat on the couch and covered her face.

“Why would he do this to me?”

Minutes passed.

Then Amber's friend called.

“Amber? Are you okay?”

Amber tried to sound normal.

“I'm fine.”

“You don't sound fine.”

Amber finally admitted:

“Something is wrong with Dave.”

“What happened?”

Amber explained everything.

Her friend listened carefully.

Then said:

“Don't make a decision based on one anonymous message.”

Amber wiped her tears.

“I know.”

“Talk to Dave first.”

Amber nodded.

“I will.”

But she knew she couldn't wait.

She needed answers.

That evening, Dave finally returned.

He opened the door and immediately noticed Amber sitting silently in the living room.

“Hey.”

She didn't answer.

Dave slowly walked inside.

“Amber?”

She looked up.

“Sit down.”

Dave knew immediately.

“What happened?”

Amber held up her phone.

“Who is this?”

Dave looked at the photograph.

His expression changed.

“Where did you get that?”

Amber's heart sank.

“You recognize them.”

Dave sat down.

“Amber, please listen to me.”

“No.”

She shook her head.

“I've heard enough explanations.”

Dave looked devastated.

“You don't understand.”

“Then make me understand!”

Dave took a deep breath.

“That person is connected to the business.”

Amber stared at him.

“Then why did you tell me you hadn't seen them?”

Dave looked down.

“Because I didn't want you involved.”

“You lied to me to protect me?”

“Yes.”

Amber shook her head.

“That doesn't make it okay.”

“I know.”

“What else have you lied about?”

Dave didn't answer immediately.

Amber's eyes filled with tears again.

“That silence tells me everything.”

Dave finally looked at her.

“I haven't been honest about everything.”

Amber stood up.

“I knew it.”

“But it's not what you think.”

“Then what is it?”

Dave reached into his pocket.

He pulled out an envelope.

Amber looked confused.

“What is that?”

“Proof.”

“Proof of what?”

Dave placed the envelope on the table.

“The person you've been seeing in those pictures has been blackmailing me.”

Amber froze.

“What?”

Dave nodded.

“They threatened to expose private business information unless I gave them what they wanted.”

Amber stared at him.

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“Because they threatened you too.”

Amber's eyes widened.

“They threatened me?”

Dave nodded.

“They knew where you lived. They knew where you worked. They knew things about your family.”

Amber slowly sat down.

“So all this time…”

“I was trying to handle it myself.”

Amber looked at the photographs again.

“Then why did you meet them?”

“To find out what they wanted.”

“Did you give them money?”

Dave hesitated.

“Yes.”

Amber's heart sank.

“How much?”

“Enough to make them leave you alone.”

Amber stared at him.

“And you thought hiding all of this was the best way to protect me?”

“I thought I could solve it before you ever found out.”

Amber shook her head.

“You should have trusted me.”

“I know.”

There was silence.

Then Amber's phone buzzed.

Another message.

Both of them looked at the screen.

The unknown sender had written:

“Dave told you only half the truth.”

Amber's expression changed.

Dave immediately stood.

“Don't answer.”

Another message arrived.

“Ask Dave about the second meeting.”

Amber looked at Dave.

“What second meeting?”

Dave's face went pale.

Amber stood.

“Dave?”

He didn't respond.

“You said there was only one meeting.”

Dave slowly sat down.

“I was going to tell you.”

Amber's voice broke.

“When?”

Dave lowered his head.

“The second meeting wasn't about the business.”

Amber's eyes widened.

“Then what was it about?”

Dave finally revealed the truth.

The person had been demanding that he hand over something that could destroy the entire business.

Dave had refused.

That's when the threats became personal.

Amber listened silently.

Then she asked:

“Why didn't you leave?”

“Because I wanted to make sure they couldn't hurt you.”

Amber looked at him through her tears.

“You should have told me.”

“I was scared.”

“So was I.”

Dave walked toward her.

“I never wanted to hurt you.”

Amber stepped back.

“You did.”

Dave stopped.

“I know.”

Amber looked at him for a long moment.

“I don't know if I can trust you right now.”

Dave nodded.

“I understand.”

She turned away.

But then her phone buzzed again.

This time, there was no text.

There was a video.

Amber opened it.

The video showed the mysterious person meeting someone else.

Dave leaned closer.

“Who is that?”

Amber stared at the screen.

Then she recognized the person.

Her face went completely pale.

“That's…”

Dave looked at her.

“Who?”

Amber whispered:

“Someone we both trusted.”

Dave's expression changed.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

The anonymous messages.

The photographs.

The threats.

The missing information.

Someone had been manipulating both of them.

Amber slowly lowered the phone.

“So you weren't lying about everything.”

Dave shook his head.

“No.”

“But you were still lying.”

“Yes.”

Amber nodded.

“And that's why I can't just forget what happened.”

Dave understood.

“I'll prove everything to you.”

Amber looked at him.

“You don't need to promise me.”

She wiped away her tears.

“You need to show me.”

Dave nodded.

“I will.”

They stood in silence.

Their relationship wasn't over.

But it wasn't the same anymore.

Because trust had been broken.

And before they could repair it, they had to uncover the person who had been secretly pulling the strings.

Dave picked up his phone.

“We need to find out who sent those messages.”

Amber nodded.

“And when we do…”

She looked at Dave.

“They're going to have to explain everything.”

Neither of them knew that the biggest revelation was still coming.

Because the next morning, Amber would receive one final message.

It would contain a name.

A name that would leave both Amber and Dave completely shocked.

And that name would prove that the person behind the entire scheme had been much closer to them than they ever imagined.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.