7 . Chadwick Proposes… Shayla’s Unexpected Response Leaves Him Speechless
💍 Chadwick Proposes… Shayla’s Unexpected Response Leaves Him SPEECHLESS! 😱💔
Nobody expected Chadwick to make such a serious move.
For weeks, he had been acting differently around Shayla. He was quieter than usual, more thoughtful, and seemed to be planning something behind the scenes. Whenever Shayla asked what was wrong, Chadwick would simply smile and tell her, “You’ll find out soon.”
Shayla didn't think much of it.
She had already been dealing with enough emotional pressure, and the last thing she expected was for Chadwick to suddenly change the direction of their relationship.
One evening, Chadwick invited Shayla to meet him at a quiet location where they could talk privately.
When Shayla arrived, she immediately noticed something was different.
The place had been carefully prepared. There were flowers, candles, and a small table waiting nearby.
Shayla looked around in confusion.
“Chadwick… what is all this?”
Chadwick smiled nervously.
“I wanted tonight to be different.”
Shayla laughed.
“Different how?”
Instead of answering, Chadwick took a deep breath.
He began talking about everything they had been through—the arguments, misunderstandings, difficult moments, and times when they had nearly walked away from each other.
He admitted that their relationship hadn't been perfect.
“But every time I thought about my future,” Chadwick said, “I kept seeing you in it.”
Shayla suddenly became quiet.
She could tell something serious was coming.
Chadwick reached into his pocket.
Shayla's eyes immediately widened.
“Wait… Chadwick…”
He slowly got down on one knee.
Shayla covered her mouth in shock.
“Shayla, I don't want to keep wondering what tomorrow will look like. I want us to build that future together.”
He opened the ring box.
“Will you marry me?”
For several seconds, Shayla didn't say anything.
Chadwick's confident expression slowly disappeared.
He looked up at her, waiting for an answer.
Shayla stared at the ring.
Everyone expected her to say yes.
But instead, she took a step backward.
“Chadwick… I can't.”
Chadwick froze.
“What?”
Shayla's eyes filled with emotion.
“I said I can't.”
The smile completely disappeared from Chadwick's face.
He slowly stood up.
“Why?”
Shayla didn't answer immediately.
She explained that she had been thinking about their relationship for a long time. She appreciated everything Chadwick had done for her, but she wasn't ready to make such a permanent decision while so many unresolved issues remained between them.
Chadwick was speechless.
He had spent days planning the proposal.
He had imagined Shayla saying yes.
He had pictured the celebration that would follow.
Instead, he was standing there holding the ring while Shayla questioned whether they were actually ready for marriage.
“But I thought you loved me,” Chadwick finally said.
Shayla looked at him.
“I do care about you. That's exactly why I don't want to give you an answer just because you're asking me tonight.”
Those words hit Chadwick hard.
He realized Shayla wasn't rejecting him because she didn't care.
She was asking him to slow down.
But Chadwick still couldn't understand why she hadn't told him sooner.
“You could have warned me,” he said.
“I was scared,” Shayla admitted. “I didn't want to hurt you.”
The conversation became emotional.
Chadwick asked whether there was someone else.
Shayla immediately shook her head.
“No. This isn't about another person.”
“Then what is it about?”
Shayla finally revealed that she had been carrying doubts about their future for some time. She wanted trust, honesty, and stability before making a commitment as serious as marriage.
Chadwick looked down at the ring.
For the first time that evening, he understood that a proposal couldn't fix problems that already existed.
He put the ring box back in his pocket.
“I honestly thought tonight would change everything,” he whispered.
Shayla stepped closer.
“Maybe it still can. Just not the way you planned.”
Chadwick didn't know what to say.
The proposal that was supposed to be the happiest moment of their relationship had turned into a conversation neither of them could avoid anymore.
Before they left, Shayla asked Chadwick for one thing.
“Don't give up on us tonight. Just give us time to figure out what we really want.”
Chadwick looked at her for several seconds.
Then he nodded.
“I don't know what happens next,” he admitted. “But I know I need to understand you before I ask you that question again.”
Shayla nodded through her tears.
The two walked away together, but everything between them had changed.
Chadwick came into the night expecting a YES.
Instead, Shayla gave him an answer he never expected.
And now everyone was left wondering:
Will Shayla eventually accept Chadwick's proposal, or was her unexpected response the beginning of the end for their relationship?
One thing was certain—their next conversation could change everything. 😱💍💔

Post a Comment