9 . When Dnisa Finds Out Anthony Won’t Divorce Amber, What Does She Do Next
When D’Nisha Finds Out Anthony Won’t Divorce Amber — What Does She Do Next?
D’Nisha thought she finally understood where she stood with Anthony.
For weeks, she had believed that Anthony was preparing to end his marriage to Amber. Every conversation, every private moment, and every emotional discussion had made her think that divorce was only a matter of time.
But everything changed one afternoon.
D’Nisha received a message that left her completely stunned.
Anthony wasn't going through with the divorce.
At first, she refused to believe it.
She immediately called Anthony.
“Anthony, is this true?”
There was silence on the other end.
“What are you talking about?” Anthony finally asked.
“I'm talking about Amber. I heard you decided you're not divorcing her.”
Anthony took a deep breath.
“D’Nisha, things aren't that simple.”
Her heart sank.
“So it's true?”
Anthony didn't answer immediately.
That silence was enough.
D’Nisha closed her eyes.
“You told me things were going to change.”
“I know what I said,” Anthony replied.
“Then why are you staying?”
Anthony explained that after everything that had happened, he needed time to think. He didn't want to make a decision while everyone was angry and emotional.
D’Nisha couldn't believe what she was hearing.
“So after everything we've talked about, you're choosing to stay married?”
“I'm not saying I'm choosing Amber over you,” Anthony said.
“But you're choosing not to leave her.”
Anthony remained quiet.
D’Nisha felt tears building in her eyes.
“I understand now.”
“D’Nisha—”
“No,” she interrupted. “You don't have to explain.”
She ended the call.
For several minutes, she sat alone, staring at her phone.
She had imagined a completely different future.
Now she wasn't sure what to believe.
That evening, D’Nisha decided she needed answers directly from Anthony.
She went to see him.
When Anthony opened the door, he immediately knew something was wrong.
“You came here to talk?”
D’Nisha walked inside.
“I need the truth.”
Anthony nodded.
“Ask me anything.”
“Are you still planning to divorce Amber?”
Anthony looked away.
“I don't know.”
D’Nisha's heart sank again.
“You don't know?”
“There's a lot going on.”
D’Nisha shook her head.
“You keep asking everyone to understand your situation, but nobody is asking what this is doing to me.”
Anthony looked at her.
“I never wanted to hurt you.”
“But you did.”
Silence filled the room.
D’Nisha continued.
“I believed you when you told me things were changing.”
Anthony lowered his head.
“I know.”
“No, I don't think you do.”
She wiped away a tear.
“You made me believe there was a future for us.”
Anthony didn't respond.
D’Nisha looked at him for several seconds.
Then something changed in her expression.
She became calmer.
“If you're not going to make a decision, then I'll make one for myself.”
Anthony looked confused.
“What does that mean?”
D’Nisha picked up her purse.
“It means I'm done waiting.”
Anthony stood up.
“D’Nisha, don't walk away like this.”
She turned around.
“What do you expect me to do? Wait forever?”
“I just need time.”
“You've had time.”
She walked toward the door.
Anthony followed her.
“Please don't make this worse.”
D’Nisha stopped.
“I'm not trying to make anything worse.”
She looked back at him.
“But I'm also not going to keep pretending this doesn't hurt.”
Then she left.
The next morning, Anthony received a surprising message.
It was from D’Nisha.
“We need to talk. But this time, Amber needs to be there too.”
Anthony stared at the message.
He immediately knew this conversation could change everything.
Later that day, Amber arrived.
She noticed D’Nisha sitting across the room.
“What is this about?”
D’Nisha looked at her.
“I want to clear everything up.”
Amber sat down.
Anthony remained standing between them.
D’Nisha took a deep breath.
“I found out Anthony isn't divorcing you.”
Amber looked at Anthony.
“Is that true?”
Anthony nodded.
“For now, yes.”
Amber's expression was difficult to read.
D’Nisha continued.
“I want everyone to stop hiding things.”
Amber looked at her.
“What exactly do you think I'm hiding?”
D’Nisha shook her head.
“This isn't about blaming you.”
“Then what is it about?”
“Truth.”
Anthony finally spoke.
“Maybe we all need to stop assuming what the other person is thinking.”
Amber looked at him.
“Then tell me what you're thinking.”
Anthony became quiet.
That question was exactly what he had been avoiding.
“I don't want to make a decision I regret.”
Amber's eyes filled with emotion.
“And what about me?”
Anthony looked at her.
“You matter to me.”
D’Nisha immediately looked away.
Hearing those words hurt.
But instead of arguing, she remained silent.
Finally, she stood.
“I think I've heard enough.”
Anthony looked at her.
“D’Nisha—”
She raised her hand.
“No. This time, I'm not angry.”
She took a breath.
“I finally understand.”
Amber watched her carefully.
D’Nisha continued.
“Anthony needs to figure out his marriage before he can figure out anything else.”
Anthony nodded slowly.
D’Nisha looked at him one last time.
“So I'm stepping back.”
Anthony looked surprised.
“You're walking away?”
“For now.”
Amber remained silent.
D’Nisha picked up her purse.
“But don't misunderstand me.”
Anthony frowned.
“What do you mean?”
D’Nisha looked directly at him.
“If you ever come back to me, I won't accept promises anymore.”
She paused.
“I'll only accept the truth.”
Then she walked out.
Anthony stood there in silence.
Amber looked at him.
“You really hurt her.”
Anthony nodded.
“I know.”
Amber asked quietly:
“And what are you going to do now?”
Anthony didn't answer.
Because for the first time, he realized he couldn't keep both women waiting while he avoided making a decision.
Outside, D’Nisha got into her car.
She looked at her phone.
There was one final message from Anthony.
“Can we talk tomorrow?”
D’Nisha stared at it.
She didn't reply.
Instead, she put her phone down and drove away.
But what Anthony didn't know was that D’Nisha had already made another decision.
She wasn't going to chase him anymore.
She was going to focus on herself—and if Anthony eventually came back, he would have to prove that his words finally matched his actions.
And that decision was about to change the entire situation between Anthony, Amber, and D’Nisha.

Post a Comment