6.Rolanda finally break down during a pidcast

The studio was unusually quiet that evening.

Rolanda sat across from the host, wearing a small smile that looked convincing from a distance. The cameras were rolling, the microphones were positioned perfectly, and the red recording light glowed above them.

“Welcome back to the podcast,” the host said warmly. “Today, we have Rolanda with us.”

Rolanda smiled and waved toward the camera.

“Thank you for having me.”

The conversation started normally.

They talked about her career, her recent projects, the challenges she had faced, and the lessons she had learned along the way. Rolanda answered every question confidently, often laughing and making jokes whenever the conversation became too serious.

But the host noticed something.

Every time the conversation came close to her personal life, Rolanda's smile changed.

It became smaller.

More forced.

The host paused before asking the next question.

“You've always seemed like someone who can handle anything,” he said. “But was there ever a moment when you felt like you simply couldn't keep going?”

Rolanda looked down.

For several seconds, she didn't answer.

The studio became completely silent.

She took a slow breath and looked back at the host.

“I don't know,” she whispered.

The host didn't interrupt.

Rolanda rubbed her hands together nervously.

“I think... I've gotten very good at pretending I'm okay.”

Her voice cracked slightly.

She smiled, almost embarrassed.

“Sorry.”

“You don't have to apologize,” the host said gently.

Rolanda nodded.

“I've spent so long telling everyone that I'm fine. Every time something happened, I just told myself, ‘Keep going. Don't complain. Don't let anyone see you fall apart.’”

She looked toward the floor.

“And eventually, I forgot what it felt like to actually say that I wasn't okay.”

The host leaned forward.

“When was the last time you said it?”

Rolanda's eyes immediately filled with tears.

She tried to laugh them away.

“I honestly can't remember.”

A tear rolled down her cheek.

She quickly wiped it away.

“I didn't want to cry on camera.”

The host smiled softly.

“You don't have to hide it.”

That was the moment something inside Rolanda finally broke.

She covered her face with both hands.

For a few seconds, she tried desperately to hold herself together.

Then she started crying.

Not the quiet kind of crying.

It was the kind that comes after years of holding everything inside.

Her shoulders shook as she struggled to breathe.

“I’m tired,” she finally said between sobs.

The host remained silent.

“I’m so tired of being strong all the time.”

She lowered her hands and looked directly into the camera.

“I know people think I'm lucky. And I am grateful. I really am. But sometimes people see your smile and think that means your life is perfect.”

She shook her head.

“It isn't.”

Another tear fell.

“There were nights when I went home, closed the door, and just sat on the floor because I didn't know what else to do.”

The room remained silent.

“I would tell everyone I was busy. I would tell them I was exhausted. I would make excuses.”

She took a shaky breath.

“But the truth was... I was hurting.”

The host quietly handed her a tissue.

Rolanda accepted it.

“I lost people I thought would always be there. I disappointed people. People disappointed me. I made mistakes. I trusted the wrong people. And sometimes I blamed myself for everything.”

She looked at the microphone.

“For years, I thought being strong meant never crying.”

She paused.

“Now I think being strong means admitting when something hurts.”

The host asked softly, “What would you say to the younger version of yourself?”

Rolanda stared into the distance.

Her expression changed.

“I would tell her she doesn't have to earn love.”

She began crying again.

“I would tell her that she doesn't have to be perfect for people to stay.”

She took a deep breath.

“And I would tell her that it's okay to walk away from people who make her feel like she's never enough.”

The host nodded.

Rolanda looked toward the camera again.

“If you're watching this and you're going through something, please don't do what I did.”

Her voice was still trembling.

“Don't pretend you're okay just because everyone expects you to be okay.”

She wiped her tears.

“Talk to somebody. Tell someone you trust. Cry if you need to. Take a break. You're allowed to be tired.”

She smiled through her tears.

“And you're allowed to start again.”

For a moment, nobody spoke.

Then the host said quietly, “Thank you for being honest.”

Rolanda nodded.

“No one has ever asked me that question without expecting a perfect answer.”

The host smiled.

“Maybe people don't need perfect answers.”

Rolanda looked down and laughed softly through her tears.

“Maybe they just need the truth.”

The cameras continued recording.

But for the first time that night, Rolanda didn't care about how she looked.

She didn't fix her hair.

She didn't hide her tears.

She didn't force a smile.

She simply sat there, breathing slowly, finally allowing herself to feel everything she had been carrying for so long.

When the episode was released, thousands of people watched it.

Some commented that they had never seen Rolanda so vulnerable.

Others said her words had made them cry.

But one message stayed with her.

It read:

“Thank you for breaking down. I thought I was the only one pretending to be okay.”

Rolanda read the message twice.

Then she smiled.

Not the public smile she had perfected over the years.

A real one.

Because maybe her breakdown hadn't been a weakness after all.

Maybe it was the first time she had finally allowed herself to be human.

 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.