8 . Unexpected! You won’t believe it—D’Nisha finally opened up about her feelings to Wayne, but Wayne wasn’t ready for this! 😳💔


 The late evening rain beat a steady, hypnotic rhythm against the glass of the quiet diner, matching the anxious pulse racing in D’Nisha’s chest. Sitting in the corner booth across from Wayne, she fidgeted with the edge of her paper napkin, shredding it into tiny, nervous ribbons. Wayne was casually scrolling through his phone, completely oblivious to the storm brewing across the table.

For months, D’Nisha had played the role of the reliable best friend. She was the one Wayne called after every failed date, the one who knew how he took his coffee, and the person who stayed up with him until 3:00 AM while he worked through his biggest life decisions. But keeping her true feelings locked away had become an unbearable weight. Tonight was the night she was going to stop pretending.

"Wayne," she began, her voice trembling just enough to make him pause.

He lowered his phone, smiling effortlessly. "Yeah, what’s up? You’ve been quiet all night."

D’Nisha took a deep, shaky breath, locking eyes with him so he knew this wasn't a joke. "I need to tell you something, and I need you to just listen until I'm finished."

Wayne’s smile faded slightly, replaced by confusion, but he nodded and leaned back against the red vinyl booth.

"I’m done lying to myself, Wayne, and I’m done lying to you," D’Nisha said, the words spilling out in a rush of long-suppressed emotion. "I haven't been staying by your side all this time just because we're good friends. Every laugh we’ve shared, every late-night drive, every time you held my hand when things got tough... I felt it. I love you, Wayne. Not as a brother, not as a buddy, but as the man I want to spend my life with. I can't keep acting like my heart doesn't break every time you talk about someone else."

Silence fell over the table, heavy and suffocating. The background noise of the diner seemed to completely fade away.

D’Nisha waited for the relief, for the warm smile, or for the sigh of comfort she had pictured a thousand times in her head. Instead, she watched Wayne’s face wash over with sheer, unfiltered panic. His posture stiffened. He stared at her, his lips parting slightly, but no words came out.

"Wayne?" she whispered, the hesitation in his eyes cutting through her like a blade.

Wayne rubbed the back of his neck, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. The relaxed, confident guy she knew had vanished, replaced by someone completely overwhelmed.

"D’Nisha... I..." Wayne stammered, pulling his hands back onto his side of the table. "I don't even know what to say right now."

"Say anything," she pleaded, a tear finally escaping down her cheek. "Just tell me how you feel."

Wayne swallowed hard, unable to meet her gaze directly. "I care about you so much, D’Nisha. You know you’re the most important person in my life. But... I was never looking at us like that. I just got out of a relationship that completely tore me apart. I’m not ready for this. I’m not ready for us."

The words hit her like a physical blow. D’Nisha felt the air leave her lungs. "You’re not ready... or you just don't feel the same way?"

"I don't know!" Wayne blurted out, his voice cracking with frustration and fear. "I honestly don't know! I’m terrified of ruining the only real thing I have left in my life. If we cross that line and it doesn't work, I lose you completely. I can't handle that right now, D’Nisha. I’m just not ready."

He grabbed his jacket, standing up from the booth so fast his chair scraped loudly against the floor. D’Nisha looked up at him, her heart completely shattered into pieces. She had laid her entire soul on the line, and Wayne was running from it.

"I'm sorry," Wayne whispered, his eyes filled with guilt as he looked down at her. "I need some time to think."

Before she could answer, Wayne turned and walked out into the pouring rain, leaving D’Nisha alone in the booth, staring at the empty seat across from her and wondering if her honesty had just cost her everything   

No comments

Powered by Blogger.