6 . Amber Finally Confronts Anthony About The Money… Then Anthony Says Something That Changes EVERYTHING!
Amber Finally Confronts Anthony About the Money… Then Anthony Says Something That Changes EVERYTHING!
Amber had been holding the same question inside for weeks.
Where was the money?
Every time she asked Anthony about it, he changed the subject. Sometimes he would tell her that everything was being handled. Other times, he would simply say, “You don’t need to worry about it.”
But Amber knew something wasn't right.
There were missing payments, strange messages, and several transactions she couldn't explain. She had tried to stay calm because she didn't want another argument with Anthony.
But that night, she finally reached her limit.
Amber walked into Anthony's office holding a folder filled with papers.
Anthony looked up from his desk.
“What's that?” he asked.
Amber dropped the folder in front of him.
“We need to talk.”
Anthony immediately noticed the serious look on her face.
“About what?”
“The money.”
Anthony became silent.
Amber opened the folder and began placing documents across the desk.
“I've been asking you for weeks where this money went. You kept telling me everything was fine. But it isn't fine, Anthony.”
Anthony leaned back in his chair.
“Amber, you're misunderstanding what you're seeing.”
“Then explain it!”
Her voice echoed through the room.
“I want to know why money was moved from the account without me knowing. I want to know who received it. And most importantly, I want to know why you kept it from me.”
Anthony stared at the papers.
For several seconds, he didn't say anything.
Amber crossed her arms.
“I'm waiting.”
Anthony finally stood up.
“You really want the truth?”
“Yes.”
“Even if it changes the way you see me?”
Amber hesitated.
“Tell me.”
Anthony walked toward the window.
“You think I took that money for myself.”
“That's exactly what it looks like.”
Anthony slowly turned around.
“I didn't take it.”
Amber frowned.
“Then where did it go?”
Anthony took a deep breath.
“I gave it away.”
Amber's expression changed.
“To who?”
Anthony didn't answer immediately.
“Anthony!”
He finally looked directly at her.
“To someone who needed it.”
Amber shook her head.
“That doesn't explain anything. Whose money was it?”
Anthony walked back toward the desk.
“It was money that I believed had to be protected.”
“Protected from what?”
Anthony lowered his voice.
“From Dave.”
Amber froze.
“Dave?”
“Yes.”
Amber stared at him.
“What does Dave have to do with this?”
Anthony explained that he had discovered something troubling several weeks earlier. According to him, money connected to their business was being discussed in private conversations, and Anthony believed someone was attempting to gain control over assets without Amber knowing.
Amber didn't know what to believe.
“Why didn't you tell me?”
“Because I wasn't sure who I could trust.”
Amber's anger returned.
“You couldn't trust me?”
Anthony looked down.
“I was trying to protect you.”
“By lying to me?”
Anthony had no immediate answer.
Amber picked up the documents.
“Then show me everything.”
Anthony opened a locked drawer and pulled out another folder.
He placed it on the desk.
Amber opened it.
Inside were copies of messages, transaction records, and handwritten notes.
Her eyes widened.
“What's this?”
Anthony pointed to one of the pages.
“This is the reason I moved the money.”
Amber studied the document carefully.
Then she noticed something that made her heart drop.
“Wait…”
She looked at Anthony.
“This account isn't yours.”
“No.”
“Then whose is it?”
Anthony paused.
“It's yours.”
Amber's mouth fell open.
“My account?”
Anthony nodded.
“That money was moved into an account under your name.”
Amber couldn't believe what she was hearing.
“Why would you do that?”
“Because I believed someone was trying to take it.”
Amber slowly sat down.
For the first time, her anger was replaced by confusion.
“So you didn't spend the money?”
“No.”
“Then where is it?”
Anthony looked at her.
“Safe.”
Amber stared at him.
“Where?”
Anthony took a long breath.
“That's the part I've been afraid to tell you.”
The room suddenly became completely silent.
Amber leaned forward.
“Tell me.”
Anthony finally revealed that he had placed the money somewhere neither Dave nor anyone else could access without Amber's approval.
But there was one more secret.
Anthony wasn't the only person who knew about the account.
Someone else had helped him.
Amber immediately asked, “Who?”
Anthony looked toward the door.
Then he said something that completely changed the situation.
“The person who helped me was someone you trust.”
Amber's face became pale.
“Who?”
Anthony hesitated.
“Shayla.”
Amber stood up in shock.
“Shayla?!”
Anthony nodded.
Amber couldn't understand it.
“Why would Shayla help you?”
Anthony replied, “Because she was the one who warned me.”
“Warned you about what?”
Anthony placed another document on the desk.
“This.”
Amber looked down.
It was a message.
The message claimed that someone close to Amber had been discussing her finances behind her back.
Amber read it twice.
Her hands began shaking.
“Anthony… are you saying someone close to me was planning to take control of my money?”
Anthony nodded.
“I believe so.”
Amber stared at the message.
Suddenly, all the strange conversations, unexplained meetings, and missing information began to make sense.
But there was still one question.
“Why are you telling me this now?”
Anthony looked directly into her eyes.
“Because the money isn't the biggest problem anymore.”
Amber froze.
“What is?”
Anthony pushed another envelope toward her.
“You.”
Amber slowly opened it.
Inside was a document that revealed that Amber's name had been connected to a decision she claimed she had never approved.
Her eyes widened.
“I never signed this.”
Anthony nodded.
“I know.”
“Then who did?”
Anthony's expression became serious.
“That's what we need to find out.”
Amber looked at him.
For the first time, she realized the money wasn't the end of the story.
It was only the beginning.
She had entered Anthony's office believing she was there to confront him.
Instead, she walked out realizing that someone else might have been manipulating both of them.
Amber picked up the documents.
“We're going to find out who did this.”
Anthony nodded.
“But when we do, everything is going to change.”
Amber looked at him one final time.
“Then let's find the truth.”
And just as they were about to leave the room, Amber's phone suddenly buzzed.
She looked at the screen.
One new message.
No name.
Only three words:
“DON'T TRUST ANTHONY.”
Amber slowly looked up.
Anthony was standing right in front of her.
And suddenly, she didn't know what to believe anymore.

Post a Comment