5 . AMBER ONLY WANTS TO SETTLE FOR 25%–30%, BUT DAVE WENT CRAZY AFTER HEARING THIS!
AMBER ONLY WANTS TO SETTLE FOR 25%–30% — BUT DAVE WENT CRAZY AFTER HEARING THIS! 🔥💰
Amber had already made up her mind.
After everything that had happened, she didn't want another endless argument. She wanted the situation settled, the paperwork finished, and her life to finally move forward.
She sat across from Dave at a quiet table, holding a folder against her chest.
“I've thought about it,” Amber said calmly.
Dave looked at her.
“About what?”
“The settlement.”
Dave immediately became serious.
Amber took a deep breath.
“I don't want everything. I'm willing to settle for twenty-five to thirty percent.”
Dave stared at her as if he couldn't believe what he had just heard.
“Twenty-five percent?”
Amber nodded.
“Maybe thirty. That's enough for me.”
Dave pushed his chair back.
“Amber, are you serious?”
“Yes.”
“After everything you've been through?”
Amber remained calm.
“I don't want to spend the rest of my life fighting over money.”
Dave shook his head.
“That's exactly what I don't understand.”
Amber looked at him.
“I just want peace.”
Dave stood up and began walking around the room.
“Peace doesn't mean giving up what you're entitled to.”
Amber frowned.
“I'm not giving up. I'm choosing what I want.”
Dave turned toward her.
“No. You're making a decision because you're tired.”
Amber became silent.
Dave continued.
“You've been dealing with arguments, accusations, lawyers, and pressure for so long that now you're willing to accept less just to make everything disappear.”
Amber looked down at the folder.
“Maybe.”
Dave sat back down.
“Then I'm telling you right now—I don't agree.”
Amber looked surprised.
“You don't get to decide for me.”
“I know,” Dave replied. “But I can tell you when I think you're making a decision you'll regret.”
Amber sighed.
“Dave, I don't want thirty percent to become another war.”
Dave leaned forward.
“This isn't about starting a war. It's about making sure nobody takes advantage of you.”
Amber didn't answer.
Dave opened the folder and looked through the documents.
“Have you calculated exactly what thirty percent means?”
“Yes.”
“And what happens if the value changes later?”
“I'll deal with it.”
Dave shook his head.
“You're thinking about today. I'm thinking about five years from now.”
Amber looked at him.
“What do you want me to do?”
Dave answered immediately.
“Ask for more.”
Amber's eyes widened.
“How much more?”
Dave paused.
“Enough that you won't have to come back later wishing you had fought for yourself.”
Amber shook her head.
“That's not what I want.”
Dave became emotional.
“Then tell me something. Why are you willing to settle for less than you believe you're owed?”
Amber struggled to answer.
“Because I'm exhausted.”
That sentence changed the mood completely.
Dave stopped talking.
Amber's eyes filled with tears.
“I don't want another fight, Dave. I don't want another argument. I don't want to wake up every morning wondering what happens next.”
Dave slowly sat beside her.
“I understand.”
Amber wiped her eyes.
“I just want to close this chapter.”
Dave nodded.
“But closing a chapter doesn't mean tearing out the pages you may need later.”
Amber looked at him.
For several seconds, neither spoke.
Then Dave said something that made Amber think twice.
“What if you settle for thirty percent today… and six months from now you discover there was money you didn't know about?”
Amber froze.
“What are you saying?”
Dave pulled out his phone.
“I'm saying we need to make sure we know everything before you sign anything.”
Amber stared at him.
“You found something?”
Dave didn't answer immediately.
Instead, he opened a message.
“There was another conversation.”
“Between who?”
Dave turned the phone toward her.
Amber read the message.
Her expression changed.
“This can't be real.”
Dave nodded.
“That's why I told you not to rush.”
Amber read the message again.
It suggested that another financial arrangement had been discussed without her knowledge.
Suddenly, the twenty-five-to-thirty-percent settlement didn't feel as simple as it had ten minutes earlier.
Amber looked at Dave.
“Why didn't you show me this before?”
“Because I wanted to verify it first.”
“And now?”
“Now I think you need to know.”
Amber stood up.
“So what do you want me to do?”
Dave looked directly at her.
“Don't sign anything yet.”
Amber took a deep breath.
“I need time.”
“Take it.”
She gathered her papers.
But before she could leave, her phone rang.
It was an unknown number.
Amber answered.
“Hello?”
There was silence.
Then a voice quietly said:
“Amber… if you're planning to settle for thirty percent, don't.”
Amber's face went pale.
“Who is this?”
The caller continued:
“You have no idea how much money is actually involved.”
Then the call ended.
Amber slowly lowered the phone.
Dave immediately noticed her expression.
“What happened?”
Amber looked at him.
“Someone just told me not to accept thirty percent.”
Dave stood up.
“Who?”
“I don't know.”
Dave stared at her phone.
Then another message arrived.
This time, it contained only one sentence:
“Ask Dave what he knows about the missing money.”
Amber slowly looked at Dave.
Dave's expression changed.
“Amber…”
She stepped back.
“What aren't you telling me?”
Dave remained silent.
And for the first time, Amber wondered if Dave had been pushing her to take more money because he genuinely wanted to protect her…
Or because he knew something about the money that she didn't.
The decision she thought was already made suddenly became the biggest mystery of her life.
And now Amber had one question left:

Post a Comment