4 . D’Nisha Finally Makes Anthony Face the Truth About Shayla!
D’Nisha Finally Makes Anthony Face the Truth About Shayla!
For weeks, Anthony had been trying to convince himself that everything happening around him was just another misunderstanding.
Every time Shayla showed up with a new accusation, Anthony pushed it aside. Every time someone warned him that Shayla might be hiding something, he refused to listen. And whenever D’Nisha tried to explain what she had seen and heard, Anthony would become defensive.
But this time, D’Nisha had enough.
She wasn’t going to argue.
She wasn’t going to scream.
And she definitely wasn’t going to let Anthony walk away from the truth.
It all started when Anthony received a message late one evening.
He stared at his phone for several seconds before opening it.
The message simply said:
“You need to know what Shayla has been doing behind your back.”
Anthony immediately assumed it was another attempt to create drama.
He shook his head and put the phone down.
But then another message arrived.
This time, there was a picture attached.
Anthony opened it—and his expression completely changed.
“What is this?” he whispered.
Before he could investigate further, D’Nisha walked into the room.
She immediately noticed the look on his face.
“You finally saw it, didn’t you?” she asked.
Anthony looked up.
“Saw what?”
D’Nisha folded her arms.
“The truth.”
Anthony became defensive.
“D’Nisha, if this is about Shayla again, I really don't want to hear it.”
D’Nisha took a deep breath.
“That’s exactly the problem, Anthony. You never want to hear it.”
Anthony stood up.
“You don't know everything that's going on.”
“No,” D’Nisha replied calmly. “But I know enough.”
Anthony stared at her.
D’Nisha then explained that she had been watching everything unfold from the sidelines. She had seen Shayla asking Anthony for help, making promises, changing her story, and then acting completely differently when Anthony wasn't around.
But D’Nisha wasn't finished.
She pulled out her phone and showed Anthony several messages.
Anthony's eyes widened.
“Where did you get these?”
“That doesn't matter,” D’Nisha said. “What matters is what they say.”
Anthony began reading.
The messages showed Shayla talking about Anthony and discussing what she supposedly needed from him. But one particular conversation made Anthony stop.
He read it twice.
Then a third time.
“This can't be real,” he said.
D’Nisha looked directly into his eyes.
“That's what you've been saying every time someone tells you something you don't want to believe.”
Anthony lowered the phone.
“So you think Shayla has been using me?”
“I think you've been ignoring the signs,” D’Nisha answered.
Anthony became silent.
For the first time, he didn't have a quick response.
D’Nisha continued.
“You keep defending Shayla because you feel guilty about the past. You keep thinking that if you help her enough, everything between you two will somehow become peaceful.”
Anthony looked away.
“But Anthony, you can't fix somebody else's life by destroying your own.”
Those words hit him hard.
Anthony sat down.
“I just wanted to do the right thing.”
“I know,” D’Nisha said. “But doing the right thing doesn't mean believing everything someone tells you.”
Anthony looked back at the messages.
Then his phone suddenly rang.
It was Shayla.
Anthony stared at the screen.
D’Nisha didn't say anything.
She simply waited.
Finally, Anthony answered.
“Hello?”
Shayla immediately began talking.
“Anthony, where have you been? I've been trying to reach you.”
Anthony remained unusually quiet.
“I've been busy,” he replied.
Shayla continued explaining why she needed him to come over.
But this time, Anthony didn't immediately agree.
Instead, he asked a question.
“Shayla, I need you to be honest with me.”
There was silence on the other end.
“About what?”
“About everything.”
Shayla's voice changed.
“Anthony, I don't know what you're talking about.”
Anthony looked at D’Nisha.
Then he said:
“That's the problem. I think I finally do.”
Shayla became upset.
“Who has been talking to you?”
Anthony didn't answer.
“Was it D’Nisha?” Shayla demanded.
Anthony remained silent.
Shayla immediately started accusing D’Nisha of trying to turn him against her.
But Anthony stopped her.
“Don't do that.”
Shayla went quiet.
Anthony continued.
“I've spent too much time believing everybody else was the problem. Maybe I should've been asking myself why the same problems keep happening.”
D’Nisha watched Anthony carefully.
For the first time, he wasn't defending Shayla.
He was questioning her.
Shayla tried to change the subject, but Anthony wouldn't let her.
“I need the truth.”
“You already have your mind made up,” Shayla replied angrily.
“No,” Anthony said. “I'm finally trying to make a decision based on facts.”
The call ended shortly afterward.
Anthony placed his phone on the table.
He looked exhausted.
D’Nisha sat beside him.
“You okay?”
Anthony nodded slowly.
“No. But I think I needed this.”
D’Nisha looked at him.
“I didn't tell you all of this because I wanted you to hate Shayla.”
“Then why?”
“Because I didn't want you to keep hurting yourself trying to save someone who may not want to be saved.”
Anthony didn't respond.
The next morning, Anthony decided to meet Shayla face-to-face.
When Shayla arrived, she immediately noticed that something was different.
Anthony wasn't angry.
He wasn't yelling.
He wasn't emotional.
He was calm.
And somehow, that frightened her more.
Anthony placed his phone on the table.
“I want you to explain everything.”
Shayla looked at the phone.
“What is that?”
“You know exactly what it is.”
Shayla became defensive.
“You're believing D’Nisha over me?”
Anthony shook his head.
“This isn't about D’Nisha.”
He paused.
“This is about you and me.”
Shayla stared at him.
Anthony told her that he had spent too long avoiding difficult conversations because he didn't want more conflict.
“But avoiding the truth doesn't make the truth disappear.”
Shayla became emotional.
She insisted that Anthony had misunderstood everything.
Anthony listened.
He didn't interrupt.
When she finished, he simply asked one question.
“Why didn't you tell me this before?”
Shayla had no immediate answer.
And that silence told Anthony more than any explanation could.
He stood up.
“I don't know what happens next.”
Shayla looked shocked.
“But I know one thing.”
Anthony picked up his phone.
“I can't keep living like this.”
As Anthony walked away, Shayla remained standing there.
Meanwhile, D’Nisha was waiting outside.
Anthony approached her.
D’Nisha looked at him.
“Well?”
Anthony sighed.
“You were right about one thing.”
“What?”
“I needed to face the truth myself.”
D’Nisha nodded.
“I wasn't trying to make you choose me over Shayla.”
Anthony looked at her.
“I know.”
“I just wanted you to stop lying to yourself.”
Anthony gave a small nod.
For the first time in a long time, he felt like he could finally see the situation clearly.
But just as the two were about to leave, Anthony's phone buzzed again.
A new message appeared.
This one wasn't from Shayla.
It was from someone Anthony never expected to hear from.
The message contained a shocking piece of information about what had really happened between Shayla and Anthony.
Anthony read it once.
Then again.
His face went completely pale.
D’Nisha immediately noticed.
“What is it?”
Anthony slowly turned the phone toward her.
D’Nisha read the message.
Her eyes widened.
“Oh my God…”
Anthony whispered:
“So there was more.”
And suddenly, everything they thought they knew about Shayla was about to change.

Post a Comment