Dave told Amber to let Anthony have everything and promised, “I got you.”

 Dave told Amber to let Anthony have everything and promised, “I got you.”


Dave Tells Amber to Let Anthony Have Everything: “I Got You.”

Amber never expected Dave to make that request.

After everything she had been through, she thought Dave would be the one person standing beside her. But when he finally sat her down and explained what he wanted her to do, Amber was completely stunned.

“Let Anthony have everything,” Dave said quietly.

Amber stared at him.

“Everything? What are you talking about?”

Dave leaned forward and took a deep breath.

“I mean the house. The money. Whatever he thinks he's entitled to. Let him have it.”

Amber immediately shook her head.

“No, Dave. Absolutely not. You don't understand how much I've sacrificed. Why would I just give everything away?”

Dave looked directly into her eyes.

“Because I got you.”

Those four words changed the entire conversation.

Amber didn't respond.

Dave continued, telling her that sometimes winning wasn't about holding onto every possession. Sometimes, he said, it was about walking away before the situation became even more complicated.

“Anthony wants a fight,” Dave explained. “If you give him what he's asking for, he'll think he won. Let him think that.”

Amber became suspicious.

“So you're saying I should just let him believe he beat me?”

“Exactly.”

“But what's your plan?”

Dave smiled slightly.

“You don't need to know everything yet.”

Amber wasn't convinced.

“Dave, every time someone says that, something goes wrong.”

Dave reached across the table.

“This time is different. Trust me.”

Amber pulled her hand back.

“How can I trust you when you're asking me to give up everything?”

Dave's expression became serious.

“Because I'm not asking you to lose. I'm asking you to step out of the way.”

Meanwhile, Anthony had no idea what was happening behind the scenes.

He believed Amber was preparing for another huge confrontation.

Anthony had already told people that he wasn't backing down.

“If Amber wants to fight over everything, I'm ready,” he said.

But when Amber finally approached him, Anthony was shocked by what she said.

“I'll give you what you want.”

Anthony stared at her.

“What?”

“The house. The things you've been fighting over. I'm not going to argue anymore.”

Anthony immediately became suspicious.

“Why?”

Amber paused.

“Because I'm tired.”

Anthony expected anger. He expected an argument. He expected Amber to fight him every step of the way.

Instead, she simply walked away.

Anthony watched her leave, completely confused.

Something wasn't right.

Later that evening, Anthony confronted Dave.

“What did you tell Amber?”

Dave remained calm.

“I told her to protect herself.”

Anthony narrowed his eyes.

“Protect herself from what?”

Dave smiled.

“You'll find out.”

Anthony wasn't satisfied.

“Whatever game you're playing, Dave, I'm not interested.”

Dave stood up.

“This isn't a game.”

The tension between the two men grew.

Anthony demanded answers, but Dave refused to reveal his plan.

Then Amber received a message from Dave.

“Don't worry. I got you.”

Amber stared at the screen for several seconds.

For the first time, she wondered whether Dave had been planning something much bigger than she realized.

The next morning, Anthony received the paperwork.

Everything appeared legitimate.

He was shocked.

Amber had actually agreed to hand over the things they had been fighting about.

Anthony couldn't believe his luck.

But there was one detail he didn't notice.

Buried deep inside the documents was a clause that could completely change the situation later.

And Dave knew it was there.

That was the reason he had told Amber not to fight.

He hadn't wanted her to win the argument.

He wanted her to win the bigger battle.

Days later, Anthony began celebrating what he believed was his victory.

But then he received a phone call.

His smile disappeared.

“What do you mean the agreement doesn't give me complete control?”

The person on the other end explained the clause.

Anthony immediately demanded to see the paperwork again.

He started reading every page.

Then he realized what Dave had done.

Amber hadn't actually given away everything.

She had simply allowed Anthony to believe he had won while protecting herself through the agreement Dave had helped arrange.

Anthony was furious.

He called Amber immediately.

“You knew about this!”

Amber didn't answer.

Then Dave picked up the phone.

“Leave her alone.”

Anthony's voice rose.

“This was your plan!”

Dave calmly replied:

“No, Anthony. This was Amber protecting herself.”

Anthony demanded an explanation.

Dave gave him only one final warning.

“You wanted everything. You got exactly what the agreement allows you to have. Don't get greedy.”

Anthony went silent.

For the first time, he realized that what looked like Amber surrendering might actually have been the smartest move she had ever made.

Amber looked at Dave afterward.

“You really had my back.”

Dave smiled.

“I told you.”

Amber nodded.

“You got me.”

But just when they thought the situation was finally under control, another message arrived.

It contained information about Anthony that neither Amber nor Dave had expected.

Amber read it once.

Then again.

Her face changed completely.

“Dave…”

“What?”

“You need to see this.”

Dave took the phone.

His expression immediately became serious.

Whatever was coming next could turn their entire plan upside down.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.