4 . MIKE FINALLY ASKS SHAYLA IF KAI IS HIS SON!

 


MIKE FINALLY ASKS SHAYLA IF KAI IS HIS SON!

For weeks, Mike had been carrying a question that he was too afraid to ask.

Every time he saw Shayla with Kai, the same thought came back to his mind.

“Could Kai actually be my son?”

Mike had tried to ignore the feeling.

He told himself that he was overthinking everything.

But the more he thought about it, the harder it became to stay silent.

One afternoon, Mike unexpectedly saw Shayla and Kai together.

Kai was laughing and playing while Shayla watched him.

Mike stood at a distance for several moments.

Something about the way Kai smiled made Mike stop.

He couldn't explain it.

There was something familiar.

The eyes.

The expression.

Even the way Kai reacted to certain things.

Mike slowly walked toward them.

Shayla noticed him.

“Mike? What are you doing here?”

Mike smiled nervously.

“I just wanted to talk to you.”

Shayla immediately noticed that something was different about him.

“Is everything okay?”

Mike looked at Kai.

Then he looked back at Shayla.

“Yeah… but I need to ask you something.”

Shayla became serious.

“Okay. What is it?”

Mike hesitated.

For several seconds, he couldn't find the right words.

Finally, he said:

“Shayla… is Kai my son?”

Shayla froze.

The question completely caught her off guard.

“What?”

Mike repeated himself.

“I need to know if Kai is my son.”

Shayla didn't answer.

Mike's expression became more emotional.

“I've been thinking about this for a long time. I tried not to bring it up because I didn't want to cause problems.”

Shayla looked away.

Mike continued.

“But every time I see him, I wonder.”

Shayla took a deep breath.

“Mike, this isn't something you can just ask me like that.”

“I know,” Mike replied. “But I need the truth.”

The room became completely silent.

Kai continued playing nearby, unaware of the serious conversation happening between the adults.

Mike looked toward him again.

“I don't want to come into his life and confuse him. I don't want to make promises I can't keep.”

He paused.

“But if I'm his father, I deserve to know.”

Shayla's eyes became emotional.

“You really want to know?”

Mike nodded.

“More than anything.”

Shayla sat down.

Mike remained standing in front of her.

She explained that the situation had been complicated from the beginning.

There had been misunderstandings, unanswered questions, and moments when everyone assumed they knew the truth.

But the truth was more complicated than people realized.

Mike listened carefully.

He didn't interrupt.

He simply wanted answers.

Finally, Shayla said:

“There is something you need to understand.”

Mike looked at her.

“What?”

“We can't know for certain just by looking at Kai.”

Mike nodded.

“I understand.”

Shayla continued:

“If you really want the answer, there is only one way to find out.”

Mike immediately knew what she meant.

“A DNA test?”

Shayla nodded.

Mike took a deep breath.

“Yes.”

For the first time, he looked relieved.

“That's all I want.”

But then Shayla asked:

“What happens if the test says you're not his father?”

Mike paused.

“That would hurt.”

“And what if it says you are?”

Mike looked at Kai.

His expression softened.

“Then I'll do everything I can to be there for him.”

Shayla became emotional.

“You're serious?”

Mike nodded.

“I've never been more serious about anything.”

Just then, Kai walked toward them.

“Mom?”

Shayla quickly wiped away her tears.

“What is it, sweetheart?”

Kai looked at Mike.

“Are you staying?”

Mike smiled.

“I hope so.”

Kai smiled back.

That simple moment made Mike even more emotional.

Later that evening, Mike and Shayla continued talking.

They agreed that whatever happened, they would put Kai's feelings first.

No arguments.

No public drama.

No blaming each other.

Just the truth.

Mike left that night with a completely different feeling.

For the first time, he felt that he was finally getting close to an answer.

But before he reached his car, his phone buzzed.

It was a message from Shayla.

“Mike, we need to talk again before the test.”

Mike stared at the message.

Why did Shayla want to talk again?

Was there something she hadn't told him?

Something from the past?

Something that could completely change what he believed about Kai?

Mike immediately turned around.

He went back to the house.

When Shayla opened the door, she looked nervous.

Mike asked:

“What happened?”

Shayla took a deep breath.

“There is something else you need to know.”

Mike's heart sank.

“What?”

Shayla looked at him and said:

“The DNA test may not be the only thing that changes everything.”

Mike stared at her.

“What does that mean?”

Shayla didn't answer immediately.

And suddenly, the question that had started as a simple doubt had become a much bigger mystery.

Is Kai really Mike's son?

What has Shayla been keeping from him?

And what will happen when the DNA results finally come back? 😱🔥

No comments

Powered by Blogger.