They Lied to Wayne—Then the Envelope Exposed Everything!
They Lied to Wayne—Then the Envelope Exposed EVERYTHING!
Wayne had heard enough lies.
For weeks, everyone around him seemed to have a different version of the truth. One person blamed the contract. Another blamed the podcast. Someone else insisted that nothing was happening behind his back.
Wayne tried to believe them.
But deep down, he knew something wasn't right.
Then one evening, an envelope appeared on his desk.
And everything changed.
THE LIE WAYNE COULDN'T IGNORE
Wayne had just finished recording when Lauren walked into the studio.
“Everything okay?” she asked.
Wayne nodded.
“Yeah. Why?”
“I heard there was another problem with the podcast contract.”
Wayne looked at her.
“Who told you that?”
Lauren hesitated.
“Just someone I know.”
Wayne immediately became suspicious.
“Who?”
Lauren changed the subject.
“It's not important.”
Wayne stared at her.
“It is if they're talking about my business.”
Lauren insisted she hadn't heard anything serious.
But Wayne could tell she wasn't telling him everything.
D’NISHA GIVES HIM A DIFFERENT STORY
Later that night, D’Nisha called Wayne.
“I need to ask you something.”
“Go ahead.”
“Did you approve the new contract?”
Wayne frowned.
“What new contract?”
There was silence.
D’Nisha sounded shocked.
“You don't know about it?”
“No.”
She immediately said she would explain everything in person.
When she arrived, Wayne asked her directly:
“Why did you think I approved another contract?”
“Because that's what I was told.”
“By who?”
D’Nisha hesitated.
“I don't know if I should say.”
Wayne shook his head.
“Everyone keeps telling me half the story.”
He was becoming frustrated.
“I need the truth.”
THE ENVELOPE APPEARS
The next morning, Wayne arrived at his office.
Something was sitting on his desk.
A plain brown envelope.
There was no name.
No return address.
Just one sentence written across the front:
“You deserve to know what they've been hiding.”
Wayne slowly opened it.
Inside were copies of emails, contract pages, text messages, and photographs.
His hands began shaking.
The first document showed that someone had been discussing Wayne's podcast behind his back.
The second revealed that certain decisions had been made without his approval.
Then he found something even worse.
A message from someone he trusted:
“Don't tell Wayne until everything is finalized.”
Wayne stared at it.
“Unbelievable.”
THE CONTRACT WASN'T WHAT HE THOUGHT
Wayne continued reading.
The original contract had one set of terms.
The version presented to him later had different clauses.
Someone had altered the agreement before giving it to him.
And several people knew about it.
Wayne's expression hardened.
“So they all knew.”
He kept searching through the envelope.
Then he found a handwritten note.
“Ask them why they needed you to sign.”
Wayne immediately called his lawyer.
“I need you at the studio.”
The lawyer asked what had happened.
“Bring every version of my contract.”
“Wayne, what's going on?”
“I'll explain when you get here.”
THE LAWYER CONFIRMS THE WORST
When the lawyer arrived, Wayne placed the documents in front of him.
“Are these real?”
The lawyer looked through them.
His expression changed.
“Where did you get these?”
“Answer the question.”
The lawyer sighed.
“Yes.”
Wayne's voice became quiet.
“So someone changed my agreement.”
“Yes.”
“And people knew.”
The lawyer nodded.
Wayne stood up.
“Who?”
The lawyer hesitated.
“I need to be careful.”
Wayne slammed his hand against the desk.
“Everyone keeps saying that!”
He pointed at the documents.
“This is my career. My name. My business. I have a right to know.”
WAYNE CONFRONTS LAUREN
Lauren arrived later that afternoon.
Wayne placed the envelope on the table.
“Have you seen these?”
Lauren looked at the documents.
Her face went pale.
“Where did you get them?”
“That isn't the question.”
Wayne stared at her.
“Did you know about the contract changes?”
Lauren remained silent.
Wayne's heart sank.
“Lauren.”
She finally admitted:
“I knew there was another version.”
Wayne shook his head.
“You told me nothing.”
“I was trying to protect you.”
“By lying to me?”
“I didn't know who to trust!”
Wayne replied:
“You could have trusted me.”
Lauren lowered her eyes.
“I was scared.”
D’NISHA ARRIVES WITH ANOTHER SURPRISE
Before Wayne could continue, D’Nisha walked into the office.
She was carrying another envelope.
Wayne looked at her.
“What's that?”
“I found it in my car.”
She placed it beside the first envelope.
Wayne opened it.
Inside were photographs of several meetings.
One showed Lauren speaking with someone connected to the contract.
Another showed the lawyer meeting the same person.
And the final photograph showed someone Wayne recognized immediately.
His expression completely changed.
“No…”
D’Nisha asked:
“What is it?”
Wayne turned the photograph around.
Everyone stared at it.
The person responsible for coordinating the secret meetings was someone they had trusted for months.
THE REAL REASON FOR THE LIES
Wayne finally understood.
The goal wasn't simply to steal money or control his podcast.
Someone wanted control over the decisions Wayne made.
By keeping him confused, they could make him sign documents without realizing what had changed.
D’Nisha whispered:
“They wanted you isolated.”
Wayne nodded.
“And they used everyone around me to do it.”
Lauren began crying.
“I never meant for this to happen.”
Wayne looked at her.
“I believe you.”
She looked surprised.
“But you still lied.”
Lauren nodded.
“I know.”
THE FINAL PIECE OF EVIDENCE
Wayne opened the last document in the envelope.
It contained a series of payments.
Several names appeared.
The lawyer.
A former business associate.
And one person Wayne had never suspected.
At the bottom was a note:
“The next step begins when Wayne signs.”
Wayne stared at the sentence.
Then he remembered something.
He had been pressured to sign a new contract just days earlier.
If he had signed it, he could have unknowingly handed over major control of his podcast.
Wayne looked at D’Nisha.
“That envelope saved me.”
D’Nisha nodded.
“But who sent it?”
Nobody knew.
THE MYSTERIOUS CALLER
That night, Wayne received a call from an unknown number.
He answered.
“Hello?”
A disguised voice replied:
“You found the envelope.”
Wayne immediately stood up.
“Who are you?”
“You wanted the truth.”
“Tell me who you are.”
The caller laughed.
“I've been watching them lie to you for months.”
Wayne's expression hardened.
“Why help me now?”
“Because you were never supposed to see the envelope.”
Wayne froze.
“What does that mean?”
The caller replied:
“Because there was supposed to be a second envelope.”
The line went dead.
Wayne looked toward the first envelope sitting on his desk.
Then he noticed something he hadn't seen before.
A tiny handwritten number was written inside the flap:
2
Wayne's eyes widened.
“There was another one.”
And suddenly, the envelope that exposed everyone's lies had raised an even bigger question:

Post a Comment