Dave Gives Amber an Ultimatum: Leave Wayne's Podcast or Lose Everything

 Dave Gives Amber an Ultimatum: Leave Wayne's Podcast or Lose Everything


Dave Gives Amber an Ultimatum: Leave Wayne's Podcast or Lose Everything

Amber had barely finished another successful episode of Wayne's podcast when her phone buzzed. The caller ID read Dave. She hesitated before answering.

"Hello?"

Dave's voice was calm, but there was an edge to it that immediately made Amber uneasy.

"We need to talk."

"Can it wait?" Amber asked. "I'm still at the studio."

"No," Dave replied. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

Before Amber could respond, he hung up.


Ten minutes later, a black SUV pulled into the parking lot outside Wayne's podcast studio. Dave stepped out wearing a serious expression that caught everyone's attention.

Wayne noticed him through the studio window.

"Is everything okay?" he asked Amber.

"I honestly don't know."

Dave walked straight inside without greeting anyone.

"Amber," he said firmly. "Come outside."

The room fell silent.

Wayne looked between the two of them but chose not to interfere.

Outside, the air felt heavy.

"What is this about?" Amber asked.

Dave took a deep breath.

"I've watched this podcast become more important to you than anything else."

Amber frowned.

"It's my job."

"No," Dave replied. "It's become your whole life."

She folded her arms.

"I don't understand."

"You spend every day here. Every headline is about you. Every argument online has your name in it. And every time we try to have a normal conversation, you're preparing for another episode."

Amber looked stunned.

"So what are you saying?"

Dave looked her directly in the eyes.

"I'm giving you a choice."

She felt her stomach tighten.

"You leave Wayne's podcast..."

He paused.

"...or you lose me."

Amber stared at him in disbelief.

"What?"

"You heard me."


Inside the building, Wayne could see the conversation becoming heated. The production crew whispered among themselves, wondering what was happening.

Amber shook her head.

"You can't be serious."

"I've never been more serious."

"You want me to quit something I've worked so hard to build?"

"I want our life back."

Amber's voice trembled.

"You knew what I was doing before all of this."

"I didn't know it would consume you."

She looked away, trying to process his words.

"So you're asking me to throw away my career?"

"I'm asking you to decide what matters most."


Just then, Wayne stepped outside.

"I don't mean to interrupt," he said carefully, "but Amber is part of this team. If there's a problem, maybe we can talk about it."

Dave turned toward him.

"This isn't about you."

Wayne nodded.

"I know. But she's worked hard here, and she's helped build something people care about."

Dave answered without hesitation.

"And what has it cost her?"

The question hung in the air.

Amber remained silent.


Wayne spoke gently.

"Amber has never missed a recording. She supports every guest, every project, and every member of this team."

Dave replied,

"And when was the last time she had dinner with her family without checking her phone?"

Amber closed her eyes.

He wasn't entirely wrong.

The late nights.

The endless editing sessions.

The constant pressure from social media.

She had been exhausted for months.


Dave reached into his jacket and pulled out a small envelope.

"I wasn't planning to do this today."

Amber slowly accepted it.

Inside were printed photographs.

Family vacations they had postponed.

A reservation confirmation for an anniversary trip they never took.

A handwritten list titled:

'Things We Said We'd Do Someday.'

Most of the items had never been crossed off.

Amber's eyes filled with tears.

"I forgot about these."

Dave nodded sadly.

"So did I."


Wayne quietly stepped back, giving them space.

The parking lot had become completely silent.

Amber looked at Dave.

"I love what I do."

"I know."

"I've also neglected people I care about."

"I know that too."

"So why make me choose?"

Dave sighed.

"Because I don't know how to compete with a microphone, a camera, and a schedule that never ends."


Amber sat on the curb, overwhelmed.

For several minutes, no one spoke.

Finally, Wayne walked over again.

"What if there isn't just one answer?"

Both of them looked up.

Wayne continued,

"What if Amber doesn't have to quit? What if we change how we work?"

Dave raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"We've been recording five days a week," Wayne explained. "We could cut back. Pre-record episodes. Give Amber weekends off. Build a healthier schedule."

Amber looked surprised.

"You'd do that?"

Wayne smiled.

"A podcast isn't successful if the people making it are miserable."

Dave remained quiet.

"It wouldn't solve everything," he admitted.

"No," Wayne replied. "But it's a start."


Amber wiped away her tears.

"I don't want to lose either of you."

Dave took a slow breath.

"I never wanted you to give up your dreams."

"And I don't want to give up the people I love."

For the first time that afternoon, Dave's expression softened.

"So... what happens now?"

Amber smiled faintly.

"I don't quit today."

Dave looked disappointed for a moment.

"But," she continued, "I also refuse to let my career become my entire life. I'm setting boundaries, and I'm keeping them."

Wayne nodded in agreement.

"You have my word."

Dave extended his hand.

Wayne shook it.

The tension finally began to ease.


Just as everyone thought the crisis was over, one of the podcast producers rushed out of the studio holding a tablet.

"Wayne! Amber! You need to see this!"

They gathered around the screen.

A clip from the confrontation outside had already been uploaded online by someone who had recorded it from across the parking lot.

The title read:

"Dave Forces Amber to Choose Between Him and Wayne's Podcast!"

Within minutes, the video had racked up thousands of views, and the comments were pouring in.

Amber stared at the screen in disbelief.

"The whole world thinks they know our story now."

Wayne sighed.

Dave looked at both of them and said quietly,

"Looks like our private conversation just became everyone's business."

No comments

Powered by Blogger.