Iman Was Left Speechless After Delicia's Shocking Response About Having a Baby


 

😱 Iman Was Left Speechless After Delicia's Shocking Response About Having a Baby

The afternoon sun streamed through the windows of Delicia's apartment as she quietly folded baby clothes that her sister had recently gifted her. Although the room was peaceful, her mind was anything but. Ever since she and Iman had begun discussing their future, one question kept coming up: Were they truly ready to become parents?

Iman had spent the past few days thinking about little else. Their relationship had survived misunderstandings, rumors, and emotional ups and downs. Now, they stood at another crossroads—one that would shape the rest of their lives.

One evening, he invited Delicia to their favorite lakeside park, hoping for an honest conversation away from the noise of social media and the opinions of friends.

As they sat on a wooden bench overlooking the water, Iman broke the silence.

"Delicia," he began softly, "I've been thinking a lot about our future."

She smiled. "I have too."

He took a deep breath.

"I need to ask you something."

She turned toward him, sensing how serious he was.

"If we ever have a baby... how do you really feel about it?"

For a few moments, Delicia didn't answer.

Instead, she looked across the lake, watching the sunlight shimmer on the water.

Iman grew nervous.

He expected her to say she was excited.

Or maybe that she wasn't ready.

But the answer she gave was something he never imagined.


Delicia slowly looked back at him.

"I don't want to have a baby just because people expect us to."

Iman blinked.

"What do you mean?"

She sighed.

"For months, everyone has been asking when we're getting married, when we're having children, and what our future looks like. Sometimes it feels like everyone else is writing our story."

Iman listened quietly.

"I don't want to bring a child into the world because we're under pressure," she continued. "If we ever become parents, I want it to be because we're emotionally ready, financially stable, and completely committed to giving that child a loving home."

Her words hung in the air.

Iman had expected a simple yes or no.

Instead, she had given him something much deeper.


He remained silent for several seconds.

Finally, he admitted, "I never thought about it that way."

Delicia smiled gently.

"I've dreamed about having a family someday."

She reached for his hand.

"But I also know that becoming parents is one of the biggest responsibilities two people can take on."

She continued,

"I don't want our child growing up in a home filled with arguments, uncertainty, or constant drama. I want our child to grow up seeing love, respect, laughter, and teamwork."

Iman looked down, reflecting on the difficult months they had already been through.

She wasn't rejecting the idea of a family.

She was asking them to build a stronger foundation first.


Later that evening, they walked through the park in silence.

Finally, Iman stopped.

"You know," he said with a smile, "I thought you were going to say you never wanted kids."

Delicia laughed.

"No."

She squeezed his hand.

"I just don't want to rush something so important."

Iman nodded.

"I think I understand now."


The conversation continued over dinner.

They talked about the future they hoped to create together.

They imagined buying a home, traveling, supporting each other's careers, and learning how to communicate better during difficult moments.

They also agreed that before making any life-changing decisions, they wanted to continue growing as partners.

For the first time, neither of them felt pressured by rumors or expectations.


A few days later, a close friend asked Iman how the conversation had gone.

He smiled.

"I expected an answer about having a baby."

"What I got instead was a lesson about building a healthy family."

His friend laughed.

"So... what happens now?"

Iman looked thoughtful.

"Now we focus on becoming the kind of couple we'd be proud for a child to look up to."


That evening, as they watched the sunset from their balcony, Delicia rested her head on Iman's shoulder.

"No matter what our future looks like," she said quietly, "I want us to make these decisions together."

Iman smiled.

"Together."

He realized that Delicia's response hadn't been shocking because it was negative—it was shocking because it was honest, thoughtful, and centered on creating a loving, stable future rather than rushing into a life-changing decision.

As the stars began to appear, the two of them sat quietly, feeling closer than ever, knowing that the strongest families are often built one conversation, one decision, and one act of trust at a time.

The End... Or Is This Just the Beginning 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.