Bethany's Ex Rushes To Her Hospital Bed With Flowers... Then Larry Walks In And Freezes!

 Bethany's Ex Rushes To Her Hospital Bed With Flowers... Then Larry Walks In And Freezes!


The intensive care floor was unusually quiet.

Only the steady beeping of heart monitors broke the silence.

Bethany lay in her hospital bed, exhausted after undergoing a difficult emergency procedure. Although the doctors said she was stable, they insisted she remain under observation for several more days.

Outside her room, Larry paced nervously.

He hadn't left the hospital since the surgery.

Despite all the arguments they had endured over the past year, he couldn't bear the thought of losing Bethany.

"I'll grab you a coffee," Lynette told him.

Larry nodded.

"I'll be right back."

As soon as Larry stepped away, the elevator doors opened.

A man carrying a bouquet of white roses hurried down the corridor.

The nurses exchanged curious glances.

"Can I help you?" one of them asked.

"I'm here to see Bethany," the man replied.

"My name is Daniel."

The nurse checked the visitor list before looking up in surprise.

"You've been listed as an emergency contact from several years ago."

Daniel gave a small smile.

"We haven't spoken in a long time... but when I heard she'd been rushed into surgery, I had to come."

The nurse quietly allowed him inside.


An Unexpected Reunion

Bethany slowly opened her eyes as Daniel entered.

She blinked twice, wondering if she was dreaming.

"Daniel?"

He smiled gently.

"It's really me."

She looked at the flowers in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?"

"When I heard what happened, nothing else mattered."

He carefully placed the bouquet beside her bed.

"I just needed to know you were okay."

Bethany's eyes filled with tears.

"It's been years."

"I know," Daniel replied.

"But some people never stop caring."

For a few minutes, they talked about old memories, happier times, and how life had taken them in completely different directions.

Daniel wasn't there to reopen the past.

He simply wanted Bethany to know someone still wished her well.


Larry Returns

At that very moment, Larry walked back down the hallway carrying two cups of coffee.

He smiled as he approached Bethany's room.

But the smile disappeared instantly.

Through the partially open door, he saw another man standing beside Bethany's bed, holding her hand while she smiled through tears.

Larry froze.

The coffee cups slipped slightly in his hands.

His heart sank.

"Who is that?" he whispered.

Without thinking, he pushed the door open.

The room fell silent.

Bethany looked up.

"Larry..."

Daniel slowly turned around.

The two men stared at each other.

Larry recognised him immediately from old photographs Bethany had once shown him.

"So..."

Larry said quietly.

"You're Daniel."

Daniel nodded politely.

"And you must be Larry."

The tension became unbearable.


A Difficult Conversation

Larry placed the coffees on a nearby table.

"I didn't know Bethany was expecting visitors."

Bethany quickly replied.

"I wasn't."

Daniel raised his hands calmly.

"I came because I heard she was in hospital."

Larry folded his arms.

"With flowers?"

Daniel looked at the bouquet.

"I wasn't sure what else to bring."

Neither man spoke for several seconds.

Finally, Bethany sighed.

"Please... not here."

She looked from Daniel to Larry.

"I've already been through enough."

Her voice reminded both men why they were there.

Not to compete.

Not to argue.

But because they both cared about her wellbeing.


The Truth Comes Out

Larry finally asked the question that had been bothering him.

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

Bethany looked shocked.

"What?"

"I need to know."

She took a deep breath.

"Daniel was an important part of my past."

She smiled kindly at her former partner.

"And I'll always appreciate the respect we had for each other."

Then she turned to Larry.

"But my life moved forward."

"My future isn't behind me."

Daniel quietly nodded.

"She's right."

He looked directly at Larry.

"I didn't come here to win her back."

"I came because no one deserves to face something this frightening without knowing people care."

Larry studied Daniel for a long moment.

The jealousy that had consumed him began to fade.


An Unexpected Gesture

Daniel walked over to Larry.

"I know you probably don't trust me."

Larry remained silent.

Daniel extended his hand.

"But if you're the one standing beside her now..."

"...then don't waste that chance."

After a brief hesitation, Larry shook his hand.

"I won't."

Bethany smiled for the first time that day.


A New Understanding

Before leaving, Daniel placed a small card beside the flowers.

"I wish you a full recovery," it read.

"No matter where life takes us, I'll always be grateful for the chapter we shared."

He quietly walked out of the room.

Larry watched him disappear down the hallway before turning back to Bethany.

"I'm sorry," he admitted.

"I let my imagination get ahead of me."

Bethany reached for his hand.

"You were scared."

Larry nodded.

"I thought I was about to lose you."

"You almost did," she said softly.

"Not because of Daniel... but because life reminded us how precious time really is."

Larry squeezed her hand gently.

"I don't want to spend another day focused on the past."

Bethany smiled.

"Then let's focus on getting me home."

Several days later, Bethany was discharged from the hospital, surrounded by friends and family.

The bouquet of white roses had begun to fade, but the message it represented remained clear.

Sometimes people from the past return not to rewrite your future, but to remind you how far you've come.

As Larry helped Bethany into the car, he glanced back at the hospital one last time.

The fear, jealousy, and uncertainty he'd felt that day had been replaced by something stronger.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.